Sunday, July 31, 2011

DIY: Newspaper Nail Polish

I'm a couponer,
a sales rack lover,

a clearance isle stalker.

The thrift store is my second home,
I would wake up every morning at 4 a.m. to hunt for the best yard sales if I could.
I figured I would let you guys in on some of this just in case you didn't already know. ;)

I can spend Hours online looking for awesome DIY crafts and Ideas. If you want to see some

of the cute ones I have found and Will try one day check out my Ideas to create board on

Pinterest.

So with that being said here is one that I just found and knew I had to try it. Now I am a girl, and of course from time to time I love to get pampered at the salon. But most of the

time I would rather just do it myself. Spending $70 every 2 weeks to get my nails and little

toesies done is just not going to happen. So usually I just do them myself, which is what I was

going to do today anyways when I found this
The adorably cute idea!



Can you see my nails?!


This yellow I have is really thick but I really wanted to use it. Next time I am going to use another kind of nail polish.

Supplies:
Nail Polish
Newspaper
Scissors
Alcohol {the tutorial I read said that vodka works the best so that is what I used, but if you try rubbing alcohol or anything else and it works well let me know. I would rather drink my vodka, not dip my nails in it ;)... }

The How To:
Cut out a bunch of little words from the newspaper to have ready.
Paint your nails just like you would any other day.
Wait for nails to dry.
Dip your nails in the alcohol, then place the newspaper strip on top of your nail.
{After I put the newspaper on my nail I would dip a finger in the alcohol and then just put it on top of the paper so it gets all of the paper wet}
Let sit for a little bit, then carefully peel off.
Finish off with a clear coat & ta-da!!!!

You are done!

Easy and cute huh?!



No comments:

Post a Comment