Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Recycled T-Shirt Scarf Tutorial

I am a lover of all things vintage, re-made, re-purposed or recycled. Being a mom of more than one little ninja I guess you kind of have to be. I re-sell most of the girls things at Just Between Friends, but there are some things you just can't resell because kids are dirty, messy, {lovely} creatures. =0)
So for the shirts you just can't get the stains out of...
{Here is your solution!!}

T-shirt Scarf's made from your little ones old ratty hand me downs.!!.


Grab some old tees's from your little ninja's closet. My Sophia wears more tanks and cami's then tee's BUT the thrift store down the street has a Tuesday Sale & all the shirts are .25 cents each!! So I grabbed her some for this little project.


Supplies:
T-shirts
Scissors
That's it, I know right!!


Cut strips about 3/4 inches wide. I used about 20 strips for Sophie's scarf. But you can make it as long or as short as you would like.

{cut some extra pieces for later}

20 crappy t-shirt pieces about to be turned into a master piece! ;)


Stretch all of the pieces out.


Kind of look like big rubber band huh?... Big not rubbery rubber bands....


Wrap it around your hand



After all of the rings are done use the extra pieces you cut {pull them like you did before} cut it open and use those to tie the rings together.

And TA-DA! You are done.!! Easy peezy right!!


Can't wait to make a million more of these!!! {Huge grin}






1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! So creative and so sweet of you to share your wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete